June 19, 2019
The Regional Official Plan Review - Progress Update on the Integrated Growth Management Strategy and Preliminary Growth Scenarios Report (LPS41-19) presents growth and infrastructure choices across Halton Region to the year 2041. The scenarios:
- guide future population and employment growth
- ensure housing and servicing are able to meet growing demands
- support growth leading towards a strong economic future
Each of the 8 scenarios tests different land-use, servicing and financial outcomes.
January 16, 2019
This Project Status and Work Plan Update Report (LPS12-19) provides a work plan update on the ROPR process:
- Results from Phase 1 include the research in progress and further direction for the next steps of the review process.
- Further policy research and analysis are ongoing in Phase 2.
- This work prepares for Phase 3, seeking Council’s directions to make changes to the ROP.
- Changes proposed in Provincial plans and policies at the time of the report and new considerations for the ROPR are identified.
October 4, 2017
The Communication and Engagement Strategy Report (LPS44-17) (PDF file) outlines the Region’s Communication and Engagement Strategy for Phases 2 and 3 of the ROPR.
- Consultation is a vital part of the Region’s ROPR. It involves discussing Regional interests with residents and stakeholders from the Region.
- Engagement and communication tools will be used to inform and gain public input.
- Participation and input during the ROPR will help to inform changes to the ROP.